Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Change in Plans Already?!


I haven't even made it to India yet and already I have to change my plans.  Turns out Gangotri, this pilgrim's retreat at the source of the Ganges, is closed.  Yes, the whole city, I checked.  Apparently there's some issue with snow or something.  Whatever, it's just the Himalayas in December, come on people.

So now I have a few extra days on my hands.  I've already decided to spend an extra day in Amritsar and Rishikesh, which leaves me 2 days to either explore other cities longer or get really, really sick (something that obviously didn't fit into my tight schedule earlier).

Although, I've already decided I'm not getting sick, so it sounds like I'll have an extra day for a camel trek through the desert or to sit and read outside the Taj Mahal.  Screw stomach flu.  I reject your reality and substitute my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment