Monday, November 16, 2009

When I started typing I was frustrated about booking trains, but now I'm excited again!

I'm having a pretty hard time booking train tickets on the Indian Rail Authority's website.  It's declined my credit card a couple of times, but CITI says that there's no record of a charge even being attempted... Here's hoping this gets figured out soon because I want to have my tickets lined up in the next couple of days.  One thing I did manage to do today, however, is buy travel insurance.  So now I'm set if I get sick or robbed!  Cheerful thought, right?  And it's good for the next year, so anywhere I go outside of Singapore I'm considered "on vacation" and am totally covered, baby.

I spent a ton of time looking at train schedules today and think I have a clear idea of how much ground I can reasonably cover on this trip.  I've rearranged my itinerary a lot, and just today I cut out 3 side trips I had planned and allotted the time to other cities.  I do NOT want to feel rushed in Rishikesh and now have a day set aside for yoga classes and meditation.  It sounds heavenly. 

I can even stay overnight in Amritsar now and do a few seriously cool things: watch the Indian/Pakistani border closing ceremony, sleep with the Sikh pilgrims in a gurudwara, see the sun come up over the Golden Temple and take a quick trip into Pakistan, to Lahore.  And don't worry, I'll be there all of 5 hours; I'll be fine.  Even with all of that I still managed to add a day to my time in Varanasi and still have an empty day floating around waiting to be used at Jaipur or Bharatpur.  Sweeeeet.

On Thursday I go get my travel Visa and another big piece of the puzzle falls into place.  I've got a few small things to buy and I'll do a practice pack this weekend so things are looking good!

I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment